At Pacific Car Rentals we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the personal data we store about you. This policy outlines the data we collect about you, how we collect it, the measures we take to keep your data secure and the purpose for our uses.
When you request services from us or access our websites, you consent to our collection, retention and use of your personal data in the manner described in this policy and accept the risks outlined in the Security section.
We collect data about you from a variety of sources for the purposes of our business. The examples provided are illustrative and not a complete list of our practices.
What We Collect
We collect the data we need to provide the services you request from us, which may include:
- Name, and contact details, including telephone and email;
- Employer(s) name and address;
- Credit card information;
- Rental charges you incur and other information relating to your rental; and
- Information about your credit history from consumer reporting agencies.
We collect personal data directly from you when you make a reservation or rent a vehicle, including information you provide:
- When you call our reservation office;
- On our website; and
- At the rental location
We also gather personal data about you from other sources, including:
- Reservations you make with us through licensees, travel agents or brokers;
- Transactions you complete with us and our licensees, including options you take, charges you incur and any incidents or accidents that may occur; and
We use certain technologies on our websites to collect data about your visit, as follows:
A “cookie” is a set of data sent to your computer by our web server that enables the server to recognize your computer.
- Track your use of our websites during a single visit, remember the data you provide and the choices you make as you progress from page to page (“session cookies”); and
- Recognize you at your next visit (“persistent cookies ”).
We strive to ensure that the personal data we retain about you is stored securely and is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes to provide you with the best service possible.
We retain personal data about our customers for as long as we believe appropriate for the purposes for which it was collected or as otherwise required by applicable law.
Our databases for storing the personal data we collect are located in Vancouver, Canada.
As you may be aware, there is no fully secure method of transmitting or storing data. Although their physical characteristics are different, postal mail, telephone calls, faxes and transmissions over the Internet all present possibilities of loss, misrouting, interception and misuse of the data that is transmitted.
We strive to maintain appropriate physical, procedural and electronic safeguards to protect your personal data by using technologies designed to safeguard data during its transmission, including SSL encryption for the data you provide on our websites.
By making a reservation, you consent to our use and disclosure of your personal data for the operational uses listed below. The examples provided are illustrative and not a complete list of our practices.
To provide you services
- Make your rental reservations;
- Process your rental transactions;
- Provide you with customer assistance; and
- For customer satisfaction and market research purposes to help us improve our services.
Protective and Legal Uses
We may use and disclose your personal data as we believe appropriate, in compliance with applicable law, to protect our business. For example, we may share your personal data with credit reporting and fraud checking agencies. We may also share your data with organizations to enforce the rental agreement and recover any monies due, such as debt collection agencies.
Additionally, we may share your personal data for legal reasons, including:
- Cooperating with law enforcement agencies, to identify individuals who may be involved in illegal activities;
- Responding to governmental and administrative bodies in relation to charges arising during the rental, such as parking and traffic fines; and
- To comply with applicable law.
Vancouver Car Rental
Just rated the the Best city in the world Vancouver, BC is a great destination for your next vacation. It offers everything from scenic ocean views to unbelievable view from the top of mountains. When traveling to Vancouver the best way to see everything is by renting a car and why not choose us. There is a lot of Vancouver Car Rental Agencies but Pacific Car Rentals stands out from the rest. With our great customer service and great choice in vehicles we will not disappoint when you rent from us.
At Pacific Car Rental we have a large selection of all types of rental vehicles. We have everything from luxury sedans so that you and your family can cruise around in style while enjoying your vacation getaway (or maybe you just want to feel special for a day) to more practical or family oriented vehicles such as minivans or SUV’s. Whatever your situation might be, we have the Vehicle Rentals that you want at the best prices in Vancouver. Come check us out online today or give us a call and we’ll be glad to help you.
Cheap Car Rentals
If you’re planning a family trip or just a weekend getaway to Vancouver then you’ll probably be looking for an economical way to get around. If you are more of the budgeted minded you can choose from our large selection of Cheap Car Rentals and get the vehicle you are looking while spending less. You can use this web site's fast, convenient and hassle free booking service or speak to a live rep by calling tollfree 1.866.689.3994. We’ll be happy to be your 1st destination to get you started on the right road to fun. We’ll see you in Vancouver.