PACIFIC CAR RENTALS – TERMS & CONDITIONS
By completing your reservation, you agree to terms below. By doing so you are authorizing Pacific Car Rentals to process any cancellation / no-show fees on the card you have supplied for the booking.
Renter (Credit card holder) must be physically present at the time of pick up and provide the following documents:
- Valid driver’s license or valid government photo ID matching the name on Credit card used to book the rental.
- If a renter does not have a valid driver’s license, then a person(s) with a valid license which they authorize to drive.
- Driver’s license should fulfill the requirements outlined in the Driver’s License section below.
- Major credit card which fulfills the requirements outlined in Credit card section below.
- Valid driver’s license which is printed in English or accompanied with a translation or Foreign driving permit.
- We accept novice(N) license for rentals. There is no additional fee as long as the driver is over 25.
- We can accept a learner’s license as long as the requirements of the license are followed. (Only for road-testing rentals)
- A valid major credit card (attached to a bank account); Visa, MasterCard or American Express present in office with cardholder. We require to authorize the credit card for every rental (with min. $500+ available for deposit).
- Debit-Credits that are issued from any country other than Canada can be accepted as a major credit card.
We require a major credit card with available funds for authorization on top of the rental amount (min. $500+) depending on rental class & driver’s details.
Payment for the rental can be made by Debit, major credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express), travel / prepaid cards or cash. Contact us directly for more information. Any rental exceeding 2 days or more will be charged cost of the rental upon pickup.
We require any and all additional drivers license prior to them driving the rental vehicle. An additional fee of $10 per day will apply for each driver(s) above the age of 25 listed on the rental contract (amount may vary depending on rental length). Any drivers that are not authorized by the company, who drive the vehicle will result in voiding any and all insurance coverages through the rental company.
- An extra surcharge will apply to each driver from the ages 21-25 listed on the rental contract. (Daily fee varies with vehicle class).
- Drivers between 19-21 will have a surcharge along with being restricted to certain class vehicles.
Loss Damage Waiver:
**This waiver does not include damages to the undercarriage, tires/rims/wheels, glass or Convertible tops**
Renters may purchase a Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) that reduces the renter’s financial liability to a minimum amount for loss or damage to the Rental vehicle as long as the renter complies with the terms and conditions of the rental agreement.
- Cost of LDW, for each full or partial rental day, may vary by vehicle class and rate.
- You should check to see if you have coverage for damage to the rental vehicle through your personal insurance or credit card, and if it is satisfactory for your needs as it may have restrictions or limits (e.g., size or value of the vehicle, length of rental etc.). It could also affect your personal auto insurance premium.
- Deductible amount varies on class of vehicle and each driver(s) criteria.
Prices are based on daily, weekly or monthly rates.
**We do not calculate rates at a prorated weekly or monthly rate if returned early**
If the rental vehicle is returned earlier than the date shown on the rental contract, a different rate may apply (extra day charge) if no prior notice is given.
Pick up & Return Times:
Vehicles are reserved out based on reservation pick up and return times. Please note if you show up later than the reserved pick up time, you may still be required to return the vehicle for the original return time.
Our office has a key drop box for the convenience of customers. Please note* if the keys are put into the key box and the rental vehicle is left in the parking, the renter is responsible for the vehicle until a Pacific Car Rentals agent has inspected the vehicle during our business hours.
The rental rate does not include the cost of fuel. The vehicle must be returned with the specified fuel type for that vehicle; and the amount of fuel equal to that at the time of commencement of the rental. If the vehicle is returned with less fuel the difference will be charged at a rate which includes a service component, unless prior arrangements have been made and noted. The company does not reimburse for over fueling the vehicle.
(Policies double during holidays, long weekends, special requested vehicle bookings, or reservations over 14 days)
**48hr notice: Cancellations require an email sent to Pacific Car Rentals to avoid the cancellation fee of 100% of the rental rate.**
Customers that fail to show up will automatically be charged in full. Vehicles will be held only 1 hour past the reservation time. Customers that do not contact our office to update the pickup time go into no-show status and vehicle will no longer be held for you, Full charges will apply.
Making changes to a reservation pickup/return dates & times within the cancellation period below may result in a fee or you may still be charged for original reservation dates or the rental rates may change.